I know how hard it is to pack for a trip. You are trying to not overpack but also you still need your essentials. When it comes to vacations, I try not to wear a lot of makeup. Especially if I’m going somewhere warm, minimal makeup is the way to go.
I also bring products with me that I can use and apply with my fingers because I don’t like to take a lot of brushes with me. So cream products are the best for that. They are multi-tasking and you can apply and blend with just using your fingers. They also look natural on the skin and can’t break as easy as powders.
I’m currently in Miami Beach so I figured, I’ll show you what I brought with me when it comes to makeup and skincare:
- Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF40 (SPF is a must especially in Miami. This one is clear so it doesn’t leave a white cast on my face and it sits well under makeup)
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Face Primer (the mini sizes are great for travel. I like this primer because it gives me a beautiful golden glow)
- Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint ( a light base that has up to medium coverage and a beautiful glowy finish. It also comes in a squeeze tube so I don’t have to worry about anything breaking and leaking)
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealer (I haven’t stopped using this concealer since I got it. It provides good medium coverage and works for both the under eye area and for spot concealing)
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder (a lightweight powder that sets my makeup but also adds glow to the skin)
- Mac Fix + Coconut ( I always finish my base with a spritz of Fix+ but I also use it to add more moisture to the skin before applying any makeup)
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and Volumizing Fiber Gel (my go-to brow products as of late. Both give me natural looking bushy brows)
- Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio (it comes with a bronzer, blush and highlighter all in a cream formula. The palette is compact and the shades are all perfect for achieving bronzed summer glow)
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand (the glossiest cream highlighter I own! It is an amazing universal champagne shade that suits every skin tone)
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize in Bette (a beautiful copper gold shade that is a one swipe eye look. These cream eyeshadows last all day on my eyes and are very comparable to the Tom Ford formula)
- Tom Ford Cream Color For Eyes in Platinum (a bronze taupe that looks amazing on brown eyes. It is also a one swipe eye look and lasts all day on the eyes)
- Dior Pump N Volume Mascara (this mascara gives me dramatic lashes but most importantly, it doesn’t smudge or flake even in hot and humid weather)
- YSL Volupte Liquid Balm in #12 Chase Me Nude (a balm and a gloss in one. This gives me plenty of hydration but also a sheer wash of color. Great for the beach or for no makeup makeup days)
- bareMinerals Gen Nude Patent Lip Lacquer in Bestie (it’s a soft petal pink shade with the glossiest finish. If you like a glass effect on your lips, definitely check these out)
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb (one of the best lipgloss formulas with the most universal shade. I love wearing this even when I’m not wearing any makeup)
- Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On (when I want a long lasting lip, I reach for this formula. Get it On is a gorgeous beige nude that goes with every makeup look)
When it comes to skincare, I take as many minis as I can. I simplify my skincare routine because otherwise I would probably need a separate bag for my skincare only. Sephora point perks are a good way to stock up on minis. They also always have some promos with codes that you can use to get good size skincare products.
- dermalogica Precleanse Balm (this is the only full size product I brought with me but it conveniently comes in a squeeze tube. The balm to oil cleanser removes all my makeup and doesn’t strip the skin but also doesn’t leave it greasy)
- Bioderma Micellar Water (the travel sizes are amazing and don’t take a lot of space. I use this as a second step in my cleansing routine just to make sure I got everything off)
- Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum (an anti-aging serum that is pretty new to me so I’ll report back with how I like it)
- Tatcha The Water Cream (I’ve mentioned this moisturizer a bunch of times on my IG. It’s one of my favorite moisturizer and great if you have normal to oily skin)
- Charlotte Tilbury The Magic Cream (if I need the extra moisture, I reach for this luxurious cream. This also doubles as a good primer if you have normal to dry skin)
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil ( I always bring a face oil with me just in case I need extra moisture to layer over my moisturizer. This one is moisturizing but also soothes the skin)
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm (an eye balm that is both moisturizing and cooling on the skin)
- Tatcha Violet C-Radiance Mask (a great brightening mask that leaves my skin soft and glowy)
- Tata Harper Clarifying Mask (just in case I need some deep cleansing. Since I’ll be using a lot of SPF, I like to use a cleansing mask to make sure my pores don’t get clogged)
- Eve Lom Rescue Mask (it’s a clay mask that it’s also good for cleansing. I haven’t used this one yet but I found a good sample size in my stash so I figured it will come in handy on my trip)
These are all the beauty products I took with me. I do have some body products that I didn’t include in this post like my body SPF and my Bum Bum cream.
I know it looks like a lot of products but I swear to you, it’s not. Since most of my skincare are minis, they hardly take up any space. As for the makeup, I tried to stick with essentials. I only took three brushes and didn’t go crazy with the lip products which I usually do.
What are your travel essentials when it comes to beauty products? Do you take a lot or you stick with the basics?