As a big fan of Kate Somerville skincare I wanted to share some of my favorite products from her line. These are products that I use on daily basis and have incorporated in my skincare routine. I focus mainly on anti-aging skincare and product that everyone can use, no matter their skin type.
- First, of course I have to mention Kate Somerville’s best selling product, the ExfoliKate. This is an exfoliating scrub that helps achieving smoother, brighter and clearer skin. Key ingredients include: Lactic Acid (natural AHA that “chemically” exfoliates the skin, Silica (natural exfoliate that helps with “physical” exfoliation, Papaya, Pineapple and Pumpkin Enzymes (all help enhance skin exfoliation), Salicylic Acid (helps with the appearance of pores), Aloe Vera and Honey (soothe and condition), Vitamin A, C and E (antioxidant benefits) and Soy Lipid (replenishes skin natural barrier function).
Since implementing the ExfoliKate in my skincare routine I’ve seen improvement in skin texture and pore size ( I use it once a week or when I feel I need extra exfoliation). It is an intense product so if you have sensitive skin I would recommend the gentle version. It really is a miracle in a bottle and does what it claims.
- The Wrinkle Warrior 2 in 1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum is a newer launch. It’s a lazy girl’s dream product as it doubles up as a moisturizer and a serum. It is formulated with 3 HA that fights 3 types of wrinkles: crow’s feet, fine lines and deep wrinkles. It not only helps with the appearance of wrinkles, it also hydrates the skin and sits really well under makeup. It has a light-weight texture that sinks in and doesn’t leave your skin sticky. I use it both in the morning and at night and layer it with other serums that address different concerns.
- Another amazing serum that is becoming my HG skincare product is the Mega C Dual Radiance Serum. It’s a two phase serum that is divided in two chambers to preserve the potency and purity of the product. It’s packed with high potency Vitamin C that helps with skin brightness and helps reduce the appearance of aging. Omega 3, 6, 9 and 7 and Vitamin E help lock in moisture and replenish essential lipids.
If you are not using Vitamin C in your skincare you should definitely start. It’s not only good as an anti-aging product but it significantly helps with brightness and even skin tone. It literally leaves your skin glowing. Vitamin C is very sensitive to light. It looses it’s potency when exposed so I really like that the serum comes in a pump. I use this serum in my night time skincare routine before my moisturizer and face oils.
- +Retinol Firming Eye Wrinkle Eye Cream is a weightless eye cream infused with Retinol that helps visibly firm, brighten and hydrate the under eye area. It’s formulated with Retinol and BioRetinol that mimics the effects of Retinol but with less sensitivity that is perfect for the under eye area. The metal tip applicator provides a cooling effect which I find helps also reduce puffiness.
Thankfully I don’t have any visible fine lines around my under eyes so I can’t say if this helps with appearance but I love the cream because it’s lightweight. It also helps a lot with hydration and sits well under makeup and doesn’t make your concealer crease.
- In addition to an eye cream I’m also using an eye serum. I know that seems a little excessive but the eye area is very gentle and you get your first signs of aging there so I try to pay special attention to that area. The KateCeuticals Eye Serum targets visible signs of aging around the eye area. It’s a lightweight serum that’s formulated with Advance Anti-Wrinkle Peptides (helps relax muscles around the eye area), Purified MicroAlgae Extract (provides tightening effect), Ayurvedic Botanical, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, combined with Sodium Hyaluronate (produces a volumizing effect to plump and contour the skin) and Soybean Lipid-Ceramide 2 Complex (repairs the delicate lipid barrier).
You can use the serum twice a day (AM and PM) and apply both on the upper and lower eye area. I like to use this serum on my upper area specifically since I have slightly hooded eyes and to prevent more sagging.
In this post I focused more on anti-aging products. I think that it is very important to start using anti-aging products to prevent premature aging. In a world of a lot of pollution and harmful sun rays our skin starts aging sooner if we don’t do anything about it. If you are in your 20’s and you haven’t started, I advice you to look in to some products. You don’t have to invest in all anti-aging products but I would look in to a good anti-aging serum to implement in your skincare routine.
*PR Samples included